We can supply you with a wide range of products for your first aid kit and other routine management requirements including basic bandaging, wound care, thermometers, wormers, as well as joint, hoof and other supplements. Please note that it is illegal to supply any prescription only medicines such as antibiotics (including antibiotic creams and eye ointments), pentosan products and anti-inflammatories such as phenylbutazone ("bute") without having first examined your horse.
Our recommendations for a good first aid kit are:-
- Disposable rubber gloves
- Clean gauze swabs
- Various sizes of sterile wound dressings such as Melolin®
- At least one roll of gamgee and or cotton wool
- Self adhesive bandages such as Vetrap
- Elastoplast ®
- Intrasite gel®
- An emollient cream such as Sudocrem®
- A digital thermometer
- Your vet's contact details!